1. Never ask the doctor what you should do. Ask him what he would do if he were in your place. You would be surprised at the difference.
2. They will envy you for your success, your wealth, for your intelligence, for your looks, for your status – but rarely for your wisdom.
3. Freedom is always associated with risk taking, whether it leads to it or comes from it.
4. People focus on role models; it is more effective to find antimodels – people you don’t want to resemble when you grow up.
5. Difficulty is what wakes up the genius.
6. Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.
7. Antifragility is beyond resilience or robustness. The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better.
8. You may never know what type of person someone is unless they are given opportunities to violate moral or ethical codes.
9. Suckers try to win arguments, nonsuckers try to win.
10. Remember that you are a Black Swan.
11. Avoid losers. If you hear someone use the words ‘impossible’, ‘never’, ‘too difficult’ too often, drop him or her from your social network.
12. Nature builds things that are antifragile. In the case of evolution, nature uses disorder to grow stronger. Occasional starvation or going to the gym also makes you stronger, because you subject your body to stressors and gain from them.
13. The fragile wants tranquility, the antifragile grows from disorder, and the robust doesn’t care too much.
14. The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.
15. Half of the people lie with their lips; the other half with their tears.